Thursday, April 9, 2015

How to Ricotta Gnocchi: Only 5 Ingredients



Home made gnocchi with shrimps and herbs. Have you ever tried the kind of soft light pasta that almost melts in your mouth without even chewing? This is it!  It's definitely tastier than getting dry pasta at the supermarket. And is very easy to make! 

These are the ingredients. Only 6! (5 if you count salt and pepper as one :)




Put the flour, salt and pepper, and 2 cups of ricotta cheese in a bowl. Add the egg. Mix until you see that you have a nice and even dough.



Sprinkle a bit of flour on your counter top and cut pieces of dough. Like this.







































































How I cooked the shrimp.

While you wait for the salted water to boil, finely chop a garlic glove and some fresh herbs. I used the ones I have which are rosemary and ciboulette. If you follow me on instagram you will see how I finally kept them away from my bunny! Then, saute them in olive oil and a bit of butter. Add shrimp and cook for a while until you see they are done. You know when they look done, right?



































































Now, carefully put the gnocchi in the boiling water and wait until they look like this (gnocchis on top and foam included)...

























I prefer to drain gnocchi with a skimmer because if you use a colander they might brake. Anyways, gnocchis are delicious no matter the shape.



And that is how you make them. It is pretty easy, isn't it? Have you ever made them? Do you like pasta dishes? Let me know! To keep up to date with what I am working on for the blog you can follow me on instagram and twitter @eclecticalu. 



You might like: flan with dulce de leche and empanadas




4 comments:

Unknown said...

What an amazing post!
Thank you for publishing it!)

p.s. do you like shopping or travel? Read how to save up 75% in my new post http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/04/universal-clothes.html

Diana Cloudlet
http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

LeeLee said...

Yum! And this is so simple, too. I can't wait to try making the ricotta gnocchi. Thanks for sharing. :)

Alina @eclecticalu said...

LeeLee, great! let me know how you like them!

Alina

Alina @eclecticalu said...

Hi Diana! Thank you. And I like travel the most.