Thursday, July 23, 2015

Picky Eaters Approved: Savory Fish Pudding.




This is a perfect way to introduce fish to babies and kids. It's a very mild recipe that is delicious and nutritious. 

Last week I browsed my recipes looking for the delicious fish pudding my kids loved so much when they were younger. I found it so here it is. I used to make it for them back when they were 9 months and up. Now they are 9 and 10 years old, but they love it all the same!

What the experts say: fish is very rich in zinc which is good for immune development and growth. Babies can eat fish as early as 8 months. Just be sure to buy a boneless fillet.

I used hake, but I hear cod is very similar? Please let me know if that's not the case. You can use any fish you like really. If it's boneless, much better!

For this kid friendly fish recipe you will need.


  1. Boneless hake or cod fillet 15 ounces or 400 grams of
  2. 2 eggs
  3. Finely chopped parsley 1/2 tablespoon
  4. Grated Parmesan cheese 2 tablespoons
  5. Cooking cream 3 tablespoons
  6. Nutmeg a pinch
  7. Salt to taste
  8. Cooking spray


Steam fish. Once it's steamed, crumble using a fork. 




In a bowl beat the eggs. Add parsley, cooked fish, cheese, and grated nutmeg. Add the cream.



Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour the mixture inside and bake it, bain-marie, in a medium heat oven for 30 minutes, or until it's golden and firm. That's it! It's as easy to make as it is delicious.























Fish can be difficult to appreciate, I think. Does your little one like it? Good luck with your picky eater and please let me know if he or she likes it!























Remember to stay tuned for next week's "Picky Eaters Approved" recipes. 



P.S. A spinach tart that my boys love. 

No comments: